About Me

My photo
Lifestyle branding for the guy-hot girl and the hot guy who loves her

Sunday, December 16, 2012

MJ's Image Icon: Natalie Maines


The gorgeous lady is Natalie Maines, lead singer of the Dixie Chicks.
 Always a bad-ass.
Former Texan, current Californian.
Former country music darling turned country music pariah.
Her pipes will blow you away. As will her external feistiness.
Her hubby, Adrian Pasder, looks hot in a beard ;)
She once wore a t-shirt that said "F.U.T.K" to call out country
 music blow hard, Toby Keith. Like I said, she's feisty. 
She spoke out against G.W. Bush and the war in Iraq. I didn't even identify with her politics 
but I was shocked (and oddly impressed) at how one statement changed her life.
When the Chicks returned after "the incident", Natalie wouldn't sing that she was sorry.
 Only that "it turned my whole world around, and I kinda liked it"
Beautiful and powerful. A woman after my own heart :)
And when it came time to take a break....
 Natalie could rock "the Sinead", focus on her sons and social justice.
And still sing your pants off when she opens her mouth.



No comments:

Post a Comment